< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://jayflemma.travelgolf.com" >

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Payne Stewart pins passed out at 2005 U.S. Open at Pinehurst and an observation

As we walked in the gate, everyone received a brass pin with the outlined image of Payne in his now famous victory pose.

Look for them on the broadcast.

One other note. Pardon me while I dislocate my own shoulder patting myself on the back, but in the last year I have been to Pebble, Pinehurst, Bandon and Pacific Dunes, Sawgrass and Bethpage.

I also played, among many others, some courses I think just as amazing at Tobacco Road, Royal New Kent, and World Woods. Just as St. Andrews, Troon and Ballybunion are preeminent, travellers also play Muirfield, Lahinch, Old Head and others. I call these "first and a half tier." You can quickly get to the American "first and a half tier," the ones I list above and play dirt cheap. (Email me for others.)

Go out and travel. It broadens the mind and helps the golf game.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home