< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://jayflemma.travelgolf.com" >

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Jay Flemma interview with Adam Scott at the 2005 US Open at Pinehurst

JF: I'm here with Adam Scott who is +1 and only three of the pace. Adam, you're right in the thick of things, what aspects of your game plan have worked so far and what do you want to improve?

Adam: Well I want to hit more fairways off the tee. It starts there. I have got to be in play to have a chance to even get close to these hole locations.

JF: What about hitting the ball into the so-called "blue areas" where it's impossible to get up and down?

Adam: Ah! Good segue, because that's the part of my game plan that has worked. I've hit it in one bad place over the two days and that was yesterday on eight.

JF: How do you feel you have been in judging when to get aggressive and when to lay back?

Adam: Pretty good, Jay. I mean I've been making good decisions and the course sets up well for me, but it also calls for patience and I've been really steady.

JF: Both your swing and in terms of keeping your emotions in check?

Adam: Yeah both actually. You need both here. At an Open, you know?

Scott tees off at 2:20 PM with England's Lee Westwood.

Click here for my interview with Thomas Levet and travel tips for golf in France.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home