< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://jayflemma.travelgolf.com" >

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Moving on to a new magazine and Internet site

Yesterday I told the Travel Golf team thanks so much for all their input and support but I was moving on to a different site and magazine with other, full fledged golf writers. Actually it's TWO new sites with golf writers and sportswriters you all know and like. The detailed announcement is coming soon, so you'll have two new sites to read. Unfortunately, their response to my moving my career forward was less than diplomatic. Their false and disparaging comments and "quotes" should not be taken seriously, especially since two of the commentators are fictitious entities and not real people.

I still wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
I actually did learn alot in the last few months, had a great time, covered my first major, and got plenty of work done on my first book. Plus I have print pieces coming out soon in magazines and newspapers. In the meantime, there is plenty more golf writing coming so as my "butt buddy" Rob Thompson says "Back to golf." Tomorrow I'll have more of my interview with Brian Silva.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Flogger said...

Jay, the class you display in this post, especially in light of the attacks being heaped on you by those Travel Golf nitwits, is truly impressive. Best of luck with your new ventures.

1:24 PM  
Blogger A WALK IN THE PARK said...

thanks hairy

1:44 PM  
Blogger mediaguru @ HookedOnGolfBlog.com said...

Best of luck. What the hell is going on here anyway? Geez.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home