< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://jayflemma.travelgolf.com" >

Monday, June 06, 2005

Tour Journal Vol. 4 - Monterey Peninsula and the U.S. Open at Pinehurst

It will be a busy two weeks for the A Walk in the Park team. First, from Thursday to Sunday I will be in Northern California to play Mike Strantz's latest two courses, Silver Creek and Monterey Peninsula GC, both of which are private. The golf world has been quick to hail MPGC as a candidate for a major championship in the near future. As many of you know, Mike has been fiercely battling oral cancer for several years. MPGC was built right as he began his battle, so it will be a poignant trip.

Next, it's a good thing sleep is for tortoises because the minute I land in LaGuardia Sunday night, I turn around the next day and drive to NC for the Open to cover the tournament for Travel Golf and for my golf book. I'll be interviewing architects, playing courses, offering travel tips and reporting from the media tent.

Expect two articles a day every day except travel days...one here and one at my Travel Golf site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home