First Round results of the 2006 Golf Course Architect's Tournament
Here we go. The double digit seeds that won upsets were Tom Simpson, Rick Smith and Mike DeVries. Send me emails or go to my website or the brackets to vote. The link is here - http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=150961&tclass=
Voting closes 9PM Sunday night:
1. Pete Dye v. 8 Tom Weiskopf
4. George Thomas v. 5. Perry Maxwell
3. Coore/Crenshaw v. 6. Jim Engh
2. William Flynn v. 10. Tom Simpson
1. A.W. Tillinghast v. 8. Gil Hanse
4. Jack Neville v. 5 Jack Nicklaus
3. Harry Colt v. 6. RTJ II
2. Tom Doak v. 7 Brian Silva
1. Donald Ross v. 9. Jay Morrish
4. Tom Fazio v. 5.
3 Old Tom Morris v. 6. David McKay Kidd
2. C.B. Macdonald v. 7. Mike Strantz
1. Alistair Mackanzie v. 8. Henry Fownes
4. RTJ v. 12. Mike DeVries
3. George Crump v. 11. Rick Smith
2. Seth Raynor v. 7 Jeff Brauer
Dont forget that if you already "filled out a bracket and missed some picks, just re-send me your votes for what games you got wrong.
E.G. Lots of people picked Baxter Spann. (That would have been a hell of a matchup 'tween he and Dye.) Just email me with your choice of dye v. weiskopf and any other misses.