Sweet Sixteen for golf course architects
We have us an underdog! Mike DeVries, a 12 seed, ousts RTJ! Also I predicted at Houston's Clear Thinkers, Stanley Thompson beat Fazio. Here are the sweet sixteen matchups.
St. Andrews Regional
1 Pete Dye vs. 4 George Thomas (who survived a really close match w/Perry Maxwell)
2. William Flynn vs. 3 Coore and Crenshaw
For those of you who keep emailing me, Flynn did Merion and Shinnecock. That's why he's a 2 seed.
1. A.W. Tillinghast v. 5 Jack Nicklaus (who trounced Neville in the "pair of Jacks" game)
2. Tom Doak v. 3. Harry Colt
For those same emailers, please google "Harry Colt" and you'll see why he's seeded higher than Nicklaus and, to the same crew, uhhhh, Neville did Pebble.
1 Donald Ross v. 5. Stanley Thompson
3. Old Tom Morris v. 2 C.B.Macdonald
and finally in the Cypress Point Regional
1. Alistair Mackenzie v. 12 Mike DeVries
3. George Crump v. 2. Seth Raynor
Voting ends Thursday at 1PM